Remedial and Sports Massage
Remedial and Sports Massage is a deeper massage treatment that loosens up tight muscles, breaks up adhesions in muscle fibres, and generally focuses on restoring and/or maintaining the full functionality of your muscles. It can help your muscles perform better and prevent injury. Muscle injuries will often heal more effectively with the help of sports massage. Whether you’re an elite athlete, take part in sport socially or someone who spends all day at the office of in the car, you may benefit from remedial and sports massage.
The techniques used can release the tension that builds up in the body’s soft tissues due to over-use, after injury or through inactivity; such as sitting in front of a PC all day.
Remedial and Sports massage may have many benefits:
- Increase the quality and quantity of training by reducing recovery time after exercise and competition
- Prevention of injury - through regular monitoring of the condition of muscles and other soft tissues
- Improved muscle flexibility and associated range of movement
- General reduction of stress and tension; helping you achieve your optimum performance
- Effective rehabilitation after injury
- Enhanced immune system
Treatments may last from 30 minutes for a localised treatment (e.g. muscle tightness in legs, shoulder tension or lower back discomfort) to a relaxing full body massage of 60 minutes.
Benefits of massage:
Swedish massage does much more than create a pleasant sensation on the skin, it also works on the soft tissues (the muscles, tendons and ligaments) to improve muscle tone, stimulate circulation and relieve muscle spasm. Although it largely affects those muscles just under the skin, its benefits may also reach the deeper layers of muscle. Massage also stimulates blood circulation and assists the lymphatic system (which runs parallel to the circulatory system), improving the elimination of waste throughout the body. It is a very effective form of massage and can help with reducing anxiety and help with relaxation, improves sleep and generally boost the immune system.
There are many therapeutic benefits to massage for example, it can help to:
- Stimulate muscle tissue and improve nerve action
- Help reduce pain and swelling
- Improve and strengthen the body's circulation
- Ease muscular related conditions such as spasms, strains and sprains by removing toxins and waste
- Improve skin and muscle tone
- Improve digestive function
- Accelerate healing
Hot Stone Massage
Hot Stone massage is a therapeutic massage technique in which a heated stone is held by the massage therapist who uses it to apply the customary and traditional Swedish massage strokes.
Primarily due to the effects of the heat from the stones, the massage is profoundly calming and delightfully relaxing as it rapidly releases the tension out of every soft tissue, be it muscle, tendon or ligament, which is included in this treatment. The hot stones are used throughout the entire session to massage, manipulate and to knead the client’s soft tissues.
On occasion, heated stones are laid out to rest at strategic spots along the spine as well as in the palms of the client’s hands and between the toes. This maneuver promotes the optimal flow of energy throughout the entire body.
Hot stone massage is a deeply relaxing massage technique, which has numerous benefits. Some of them include:
Hot stone massage therapy can also be used in treatment of many health disorders like muscular pains, back pains, arthritis, osteoarthritis, insomnia, stress, anxiety, fibromylagia, poor circulation and depression.
- Reduces stress
- Relieves pain
- Creates sensation of comfort and warmth
- Stimulates the circulatory system
- Improves blood circulation
- Calms nervous system
- Restores balance
- Promotes deep muscle relaxation
- Releases toxins
Indian Head Massage
This relaxing massage to the face, scalp, neck and shoulders has been practised in India for over a thousand years. It stimulates and improves circulation, easing away stress and tension, aiding concentration and re-balancing energy flow. Many office workers or people who use computers suffer from aching shoulders and tight muscles in the neck. Indian head massage is an ideal massage to alleviate these problems. Also many people find that this massage, as it is a fully clothed massage, find it less intrusive than a full body massage.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage include:
- Relieves tension and headaches, neck and back pain
- Alleviates stress, promotes relaxation a popular massage often requested for general well-being
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage, helping to remove toxins and boost the immune system
- Restores joint mobility, improving circulation which lifts energy improving concentration
- Indian Head Massage reaches all energy centres where tension accumulates.
Dermalogica Facial (Luxury or Express)
Luxury - Professional double cleansing, exfoliation, facial massage, masque, neck & shoulder massage, toner and moisturiser.
Express - Professional double cleansing, exfoliation, masque, toner and moisturiser.
Toxins are eliminated leaving the skin feeling rejuvenated and glowing.
The Spa used in this treatment is a small, hand-held machine that delivers a low-level electrical current as it is applied to the skin. It has four interchangeable heads that can be used on different areas of the body. Through a gentle massaging action, the electrical current helps enhance circulation and focuses cellular energy.
It works by stimulating the skin and muscles by reducing wrinkles, brightening the complexion, firming and deep cleansing the skin, and can also help reduce acne - leaving your face looking years younger. It is becoming the "must-have" treatment among men and women who wish to dramatically improve their appearance and reverse the signs of ageing.
The Spa can be used on the face and also on the arms, stomach and thighs to combat the effects of cellulite. It also thickens and conditions the hair and in some cases has been seen to reverse hair loss. Please call or email to discuss these additional therapies offered.
Treatments can last from 30 minutes to 60 minutes and are carried out on clients who remain fully clothed for the duration of the treatment. Reiki can be in person or distance healing. Reiki or life energy flows through all living things and is a powerful but gentle hands on technique, which restores the natural balance of the body.
- The Reiki energy channels itself to wherever it is needed most, and creates a feeling of deep calmness and relaxation.
- Reiki accelerates the body’s own natural healing ability and loosens physical and emotional blocked energy.
- It cleanses the body and balances the chakras, or energy centres, bringing harmony to mind, body and spirit.
- One hour of Reiki is the equivalent of three to four hours deep relaxing sleep and is one of the most advanced natural stress relief and health improvements therapies.
Gift vouchers from DCMT are the perfect gift for everyone and any occasion. Treat someone you know to a massage treatment to help them feel relaxed, relieve pain and forget about the stress and demands of every day life.